The ABC Foundation is seeking expressions of interest for the Board of Directors with a range of skills and backgrounds as we prepare for succession planning. Experience in governance, socio-economic development and an understanding of the Aboriginal conservation economy landscape is ideal but not mandatory.
Demonstrated experience in one of more of the following areas is essential:
- Experience in developing and implementing remote / regional programs or businesses;
- Experience and knowledge in commercialisation of assets or business development;
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestions;
- Knowledge on federal and state government legislation and policies that impact on Aboriginal businesses;
- Knowledge and experience in governance, risk management and contractual compliance.
- Previously held Board and/or Senior management positions;
- Experience in land based businesses i.e. pastoral, tourism or agriculture, land management;
- Experience in Federal or State Government organisations within Aboriginal Affairs.
Expressions of interest should be in writing, with a letter addressing the key selection criteria and include a resume, total application no more than four pages. If you wish to discuss this application further with the CEO, please contact Alison Sentance on 0457 041 967.
Applications close: COB 15th October 2021
Please complete and send your application, either by email or post, to:
Helen Slater, Chairperson
PO BOX 310, Carnarvon WA 6701