Are you passionate about working in community development and education and enjoy living and working in remote communities…?
Yulella Aboriginal Corporation are seeking to recruit a Program & Education Coordinator on a 12-month fixed term contract, residential position, with ability to extend the contract. Housing can be arranged for the right person.
Yulella Aboriginal Corporation is a not-for-profit member based Aboriginal organization based in Meekatharra and servicing the Mid-West. Yulella’s primary purpose is to support social development of Aboriginal people living in and around Meekatharra. The corporation delivers several government and community development contracts and aspires to continue to develop opportunities for the Community, with a focus on education for our youth, leadership and other transition to work skill development programs.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Program & Education Coordinator will be responsible for the administration, coordination and delivery of meaningful programs, while also working with the leadership team to build new community program opportunities. Overseeing a team, the key programs you will be responsible for are the Community Connectors Program, On Country Education and Food for the Mob.
To truly excel in this newly formed role you will have to meet the following criteria:
- Highly developed communication, consultation and leadership skills;
- A passion for education, project/or event management;
- Highly developed administration and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated work ethic in community development and the ability to think outside the box;
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate a multi-stakeholder project;
- Experience coordinating small teams, managing reporting and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to build strong relationships with the local community and their families;
- Experience working within either early, primary or secondary education (desirable);
- Experience working with Aboriginal families and children in remote or regional locations (desirable);
To be considered for this position you must be a local resident (or willing to live locally), hold a WA driver’s license and have the ability to obtain a PTD Authorisation, Police Clearance and a WA Working with Children’s card.
Send your resume and cover letter (4 pages combined total) addressing the above criteria listed and 2 current referees (essential) to Yulella Aboriginal Corporation’s Contract Manager, Denise Manning, by COB Wednesday 16 February 2022.
For more information and the job description, please contact the Contract Manager, Denise on 0447 654 250 or via email here.
As authorized by Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act of 1984, being an Aboriginal Australian is preferable for this role.
COB Wednesday 16 February 2022.